RIVERCATS....
Wow - The season has gone by so fast. Riley got drafted to the Rivercat this year. They had a great team with very good coaches. Ryan helped coach and Riley begged him to play almost every day there was not a game or practice....the kids is dye hard for baseball. There team was very competitive and a lot of the kids were from our neighborhood...including Riley's best friend Tanner which made it very easy for carpooling and. Riley played great and got a lot of good experience at catcher and third base. He practiced pitching a little but never actually pitched in a game. One of my favorite memories from this season was in our last game of regular season. Riley was playing third base a kid tried to steal and came sliding in from second the catcher threw to Riley and from the bleachers it looked like Riley tagged him out....the ump called it an out and that ended the inning. When he came into the dug out I heard him discussing something with Ryan and then he came out to talk to me....I could see the sadness in his poor little face. Real quite he says "I never really tagged the kid...I feel so bad for him. I wanted to tell the ump but dad said calls go both ways and some times they call us out when we were safe, that's baseball give and take." The poor kid felt horrible about it. I love how sensitive he is and how his life revolves around HONESTY and following rules. There team ended up making it to the semi finals and lost last night to an undefeated team. We were up 3 to 2 going into the last inning and they had some good hits which resulted in a close call at home for a 4 to 3 loss. Riley you are such a good boy...we love you very much and are very pound of the amazing season you have had.




No comments:
Post a Comment