Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year's

Happy 2009! We went with the Steven's to their cabin for New Year's and took the kids snowboarding. Riley is amazing...I was so impressed at his skills, he hit a couple rails in the snowboard park like a professional 9-year-old. You are awesome Riley Bug! Paige took a half day lesson and had a good time. After lesson we all ate lunch together and then decided to go to midway on the 4-man lift (Ryan's idea, bad one). Paige freaked out the moment we got off the chair lift. Apparently she only learned how to flip over with her board on and stand up...not snowboard. It took us about an hour to get down...she was crying, Ryan was completely annoyed with all of us and Riley kept saying can I just meet you at the bottom! After that Paige and I stayed on the bunny hill the rest of the day and she did great. She did unfortunately take out some guy on skis at the bottom of the bunny hill but we apologized and I don't thing there was any long term damage. I of course forgot my camera so when I get more pictures I will post them. These pictures are from my camera phone so they are not the greatest!

How cute are you all bundled up!

Riley coming off the rail...why is the sun in this darn picture?

Happy New Year! - Thanks Becky for the party favors.

Thanks to my husband for this lame picture...I am not very good at snowboarding.





3 comments:

Dan and Louise said...

What a fun way to bring in the new year! That picture of Riley with the sun behind him is actually pretty cool. I thought for a second it might be Ryan. Way to go Riley!

Brittany said...

You go Trish! ha ha. That picture of you made me laugh because I know you probably tear it up snowboarding. Trust me, I've seen you wakeboard. How fun to take the kids out in the snow! Tell Paige not to worry about hitting those skiers. I am pretty sure I have done the same thing, if I remember correctly.

hyrum♥chelsea said...

i'm sooo jealous!! i'm craving the snow. you look like a total pro on that snowboard!! :)