Sadie and the cracked tooth...sounds like a kids story book right, nope just our life! Sadie has had a cracked molar for over a year but it was perfectly fine, not bothering her and stuck in place. The dentist was not worried about it until it came loose. She got an abscess and it got infected. So we went back to the dentist where he told us it had to come out and they were going to have to make a spacer to fill the spot until her adult tooth came in. There were 2 options, conscious sedation which entailed her drinking a little cocktail and falling asleep but she was still conscious and could respond to commands or putting her fully to sleep with an anesthesiologist in office so they could do the work. We opted for the the conscious sedation.....which turned out to be a disaster. We showed up this morning, she drank the little cocktail and then puked everywhere, after about an hour she finally fell asleep but as soon as they started to get the x-rays she freaked out. I felt so bad for her, it was horrible. She is so sleep she can barely keep her eyes open and they are totally messing with mouth and she couldn't take it. After another hour we gave up and she was a wreck. When I finally got her to the car she was screaming every variation of "shut up" she could think of...."shut up your mouth mom, no you shut up, now, right now shut up"....I think this lasted 5 minutes straight of her yelling at the top of her lungs, it was kind of funny but I felt really bad for her. Once she stopped I turned back to see what she was doing and she was completely passed out. She was a mess the rest of the day....I felt really bad for her and no we get to go back in a few weeks and do it again, this time she will really be under. I took this pic of her in her car seat when she finally fell asleep, so cute but so sad.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Sadie and the cracked tooth...
i
Sadie and the cracked tooth...sounds like a kids story book right, nope just our life! Sadie has had a cracked molar for over a year but it was perfectly fine, not bothering her and stuck in place. The dentist was not worried about it until it came loose. She got an abscess and it got infected. So we went back to the dentist where he told us it had to come out and they were going to have to make a spacer to fill the spot until her adult tooth came in. There were 2 options, conscious sedation which entailed her drinking a little cocktail and falling asleep but she was still conscious and could respond to commands or putting her fully to sleep with an anesthesiologist in office so they could do the work. We opted for the the conscious sedation.....which turned out to be a disaster. We showed up this morning, she drank the little cocktail and then puked everywhere, after about an hour she finally fell asleep but as soon as they started to get the x-rays she freaked out. I felt so bad for her, it was horrible. She is so sleep she can barely keep her eyes open and they are totally messing with mouth and she couldn't take it. After another hour we gave up and she was a wreck. When I finally got her to the car she was screaming every variation of "shut up" she could think of...."shut up your mouth mom, no you shut up, now, right now shut up"....I think this lasted 5 minutes straight of her yelling at the top of her lungs, it was kind of funny but I felt really bad for her. Once she stopped I turned back to see what she was doing and she was completely passed out. She was a mess the rest of the day....I felt really bad for her and no we get to go back in a few weeks and do it again, this time she will really be under. I took this pic of her in her car seat when she finally fell asleep, so cute but so sad.
Sadie and the cracked tooth...sounds like a kids story book right, nope just our life! Sadie has had a cracked molar for over a year but it was perfectly fine, not bothering her and stuck in place. The dentist was not worried about it until it came loose. She got an abscess and it got infected. So we went back to the dentist where he told us it had to come out and they were going to have to make a spacer to fill the spot until her adult tooth came in. There were 2 options, conscious sedation which entailed her drinking a little cocktail and falling asleep but she was still conscious and could respond to commands or putting her fully to sleep with an anesthesiologist in office so they could do the work. We opted for the the conscious sedation.....which turned out to be a disaster. We showed up this morning, she drank the little cocktail and then puked everywhere, after about an hour she finally fell asleep but as soon as they started to get the x-rays she freaked out. I felt so bad for her, it was horrible. She is so sleep she can barely keep her eyes open and they are totally messing with mouth and she couldn't take it. After another hour we gave up and she was a wreck. When I finally got her to the car she was screaming every variation of "shut up" she could think of...."shut up your mouth mom, no you shut up, now, right now shut up"....I think this lasted 5 minutes straight of her yelling at the top of her lungs, it was kind of funny but I felt really bad for her. Once she stopped I turned back to see what she was doing and she was completely passed out. She was a mess the rest of the day....I felt really bad for her and no we get to go back in a few weeks and do it again, this time she will really be under. I took this pic of her in her car seat when she finally fell asleep, so cute but so sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment